Make Music New York In SoHo Sunday, June 21st!
This year’s summer solstice is heating up in SoHo. On June 21st, 10 venues all around SoHo will be participating in Make Music New York. Check out the official map here!
In addition, from 11:30AM-4:30PM, there will be a “Concerto for Buildings” on Greene St btw Grand St & Broome St.
Face the Music & Mantra Youth Percussion MMNY shuts down Greene Street, where eight buildings have hollow, cast-iron facades that resonate when struck, for a 30-minute Concerto for Buildings — a new work for full orchestra and 24 percussionists using the buildings as instruments, with four separate movements by four composers: Paula Matthusen (winner of the 2014-2015 Rome Prize), Scott Wollshleger, Daniel Goode, and Elijah Valongo (a student-composer in Face The Music). The Concerto premieres at 2pm, with other performances by Face the Music and Mantra Percussion throughout the day
Here are the 10 participating businesses – Make sure to stop by and show your support!!
- Barbara Bui – 115 Wooster St
- 1:00 Laura Bowman busker drawing on folk & current styles
- 2:00 Elgin Giles R&B singer and actor
- Diptyque – 242 Mott St
- 4:00 Michael Wittenburg and Mary Langston soprano & piano
- Duarte Square – 6th Ave & Canal St Presented byAnVilEntertainment Recorders
- 12:45 Slang King sonic melodic tempered insanity
- 1:45 Del Caesar fuzzy/noisy garage rock
- 2:30 Libel
- 3:30 Sunset Afire loud. hard. rock.
- 4:30 Johnny Mellor’s Bastardos loud 4 piece
- 5:15 One Part Human
- James J Walker Park – Hudson St & Clarkson St
- 11:00 AM Tone Academy of Music students from the Suzuki-based school
- Made In Earth – 250 Elizabeth St
- 12:00 Rosko Green communicates love
- 2:00 Jessica Rowboat folky multi-instrumentalist
- Moleskine – 436 W Broadway
- 12:00 PartyOwl bluesy, melodic singer/songwriter
- Pera SohoBrasserie – 54 Thompson St
- 2:00 Villa Palagonia eclectic, acoustic
- 3:30 Zamba 2 Samba samba & Brazilian pop
- 5:30 Padam Swing gypsy jazz
- Soho Square Park – 6th Ave & Spring St
- 1:00 Unsettled Scores community choir devoted to general mayhem
- 2:00 One Lucky Lady hip hop
- 3:00 The Counterfeiters 80s/90s party rock
- 4:00 Black & Gold Marching Elite marching band, danceline, drumline
- 5:00 Dominique Star dream soul
- Space Cowboy Boots – 234 Mulberry St
- 11:00 AM Supermajor 6-piece rock collective
- 2:00 J and the 9s hard-hitting, costumed flute rock experience
- Vesuvio Playground – Thompson St & Spring St
- 10:00 AM Tone Academy of Music students from the Suzuki-based school