Is Prospect Heights The New Soho?
So – as you all are probably aware, I am a real estate agent at the Corcoran Group! I will be selling a one bedroom apartment in Prospect Heights with the first open house scheduled for Sunday, April 3rd!
I spent a day out exploring the neighborhood — here are my experiences on the similarities and differences to Soho!
1. Population Density: Soho is a neighborhood 1/3 of a square mile with an estimated 13,000 residents. Prospect Heights is a neighborhood 1/2 of a square mile with an estimated 18,000 residents. Therefore, the population density ratio is VERY similar!
2. Convenience to transportation: Prospect Heights is bordered by the C, 2, 3, 4, 5, B, D, N, and Q trains!
3. Grand Street: Only its an avenue!
4. Lots of street art: check it out!
5. Lots of touristy things to do like the Brooklyn Museum, Botanical Gardens and Brooklyn Library
6. New construction projects galore like 550 Vanderbilt!
1. Beautiful brownstones line the side streets vs. industrial lofts
2. Restaurants are on the small side – under 1,000 square feet:
3. Greenthumb: There is a huge outdoor garden center on Washington Avenue where you can purchase plants!
4. Prices of housing: There were approximately 98 apartments that sold under $800K last year in Prospect Heights vs. 37 in Soho. My one bedroom listing will be for $649,000 in the historic Turner Towers!
If you would like to tour Prospect Heights, check out the cute map that I created! There will be many more updates to the map over the next few days!