Tech Week 2014 September 29-October 4, 2014
Tech Week is starting early this year! From September 29-October 4, nerds will be gathering in SoHo for a slew of week-long events. Last year was the first official “Tech Week” October 14-21 where 400 aspiring technology entrepreneurs filled the event space at 82 Mercer Street. Last year, over 1,000 people headed to Soho for the week-long event.
On September 29, there will be a kickoff party in SoHo where investors, sponsors, and attendees will meet and mingle with the 30+ start-up companies that will be pitching for a $50,000 prize that Thursday (October 3).
There are three (3) tiers of tickets: Expo, Summit & Black Pass. Retail prices are $70, $395 and $2,500, however, ticket sales must be slow because they are currently being sold for $30, $199, and “inquiry only”. Last year tickets ranged from $20, $199, and $1,500.
There will be several high-profile speakers such as:
- Alexis Ohanian, Co-Founder, Reddit,
- Andrew Bolwell, Director of Innovation, HP,
- Blake Menefee, Co-Founder, Dell Center for Entrepreneurs,
- Jonah Peretti, CEO, BuzzFeed,
- John Caine, Chief Product Officer, Priceline,
- Keela Robison, CEO, Urbanspoon
You can learn about:
- State of Innovation in New York City
- Becoming a Social Business: The New Way to Work
- Wearable Technology: Changing the Way We Think, Act, and Move
- Future of Design: Strategic Design to Create Real Impact
- Future of Social Media: What It Means to Engage Online
Last year there were “Tech Week 2013” signs all over Soho…hopefully they will be posting them again this year!